The Care Society manages the Young People’s Project in Cardigan on behalf of the Local Authority, providing supported accommodation specifically tailored to the needs of up to four young people at a time. Our Young People’s Project (YPP) Workers concentrate on preparing young people to live independently by providing one-to-one practical support and advice with basic living skills, budgeting, meal planning, cooking and looking at education or employment opportunities.
What makes a young person eligible for the project?
- Aged from 16 to 21 years old
- Leaving care and not in employment, education or training
- Having difficulty maintaining a tenancy
- Living in temporary accommodation or in a bed and breakfast
- Family breakdown
- Been through the statutory care system
- Involved with a Youth Offending Team or with the Probation Service.
If you would like further information on the Young People’s Project, please contact our YPP Coordinator (see end of page for contact details) . We are always happy to discuss any potential referrals and indicate whether we can offer a service or suggest alternatives.
How long can they stay in the unit for?
- Individual room, bed and furniture
- Shared living room
- Washing facilities
- Cooking facilities
- Laundry facilities
- Trained staff available to help and advise
- Private patio and garden
- CCTV coverage ensuring a safe and secure environment
- Shopping for washing and laundry facilities
What is offered:
- One-to-one support
- House meetings
- Health and hygiene skills
- Sign posting for education, training and employment
- Client centered activities i.e. cooking classes