The Night Shelter provides comfortable accommodation to anyone who finds themselves homeless. In addition to providing a warm bed, access to cooking and washing facilities, we also signpost clients to relevant support agencies with a view to addressing particular issues and exploring suitable move-on options. The aim is to enable our beneficiaries to integrate into the community, and ultimately realise their full potential.
Where are the night shelters in Ceredigion?
Who can use this service?
How can I access the night shelter?
If you find yourself homeless or at risk of becoming homeless, please contact us directly at the Night Shelter: Telephone no. 01970 623190 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
We understand everyone’s circumstances are different and we will work with you to find the most appropriate options to suit your needs. We strongly advise you to contact the Homelessness Department at the Local Authority, bearing in mind that there is usually a waiting list for accommodation.
How long can I stay for?
There is no limit on length of stay. However this service is a short-term emergency housing option, with an emphasis on helping you find more stable and appropriate long-term accommodation
What facilities are provided in the night shelter?
- Individual room, bed and furniture
- Shared living room
- Washing facilities
- Cooking facilities
- Laundry facilities available for a small fee (although please note not all projects offer this facility)
- The opportunity to engage in client centred activities
- Regular house meetings
- Trained staff available 24 hours a day
- CCTV coverage ensuring a safe and secure environment
- Sign-posting to other relevant agencies when needed
Is it free to stay at the night shelter?
What type of questions will I be asked?
Will I have to wait long before being able to stay at the night shelter?
What other services can the Care Society offer to the Night Shelter Services users?
- Tenancy Support Workers to help you with Housing/Benefit related issues
- Emergency Accommodation
- Bond Scheme to secure future tenancies
- Signposting to other agencies who deal with specialist needs such as drugs or alcohol services
- Crisis Support
To make a donation to the Night Shelter: