The Care Society manage Temporary Accommodation units throughout Ceredigion on behalf of Ceredigion County Council and have done since 2005. Service users are assured of a safe, secure and settled environment. People accessing the service are referred by the Local Authority. This would generally be after satisfying priority status or where priority status is under investigation. They may also be referred under a statutory power. Our Temporary Accommodation units are found in Aberystwyth and Cardigan.
Can a family or couple stay in Temporary Accommodation?
What facilities are provided in Temporary Accommodation?
- Individual room, bed and furniture
- Washing facilities
- Cooking facilities
- Laundry facilities available for a small fee (although please note not all projects offer this facility)
- The opportunity to engage in client centred activities
- Regular house meetings
- Trained staff available 24 hour a day
- CCTV coverage to ensuring a safe and secure environment
Is there any cost in staying in Temporary Accommodation?
How do I access the scheme?
What type of questions will I be asked before being housed?
- Are legally classed as homeless
- Are in priority need
- Made yourself homeless intentionally
- Have a local connection.
What other services can the Care Society offer service users?
- Tenancy Support Workers to help you with Housing/Benefit related issues
- Bond Scheme to secure future tenancies
- Signposting to other agencies who deal with specialist needs such as drugs/alcohol services